Thursday, August 6, 2009

Survivor Palau Sexy Castaways

GMA-7 has finally revealed the names of the 16 castaways who will try to follow the footsteps of JC Tiuseco in the second season of Survivor Philippines in Palau which will start airing on August 17, 2009.

Paolo Bediones will still host the show. There will be a Survivor Philippines: Palau Launch Party at Embassy on August 17, 2009 where you can meet the 16 Castaways.

To get free invites you have to answer one of these two questions:

1.) What do you think are the qualities needed to become a Pinoy Sole Survivor? or
2.) What makes you a Survivor?

Visit their official blogsite for details on how to get free invites to the launch party at Embassy. Click here.

The 8 female official castaways of GMA-7’s Survivor Philippines (Season 2) in Palau are:

Mika Batchelor
Sexy Chef
25 YRS. OLD, CHEF AND RESTAURANT OWNER
PALAWAN

“I consider myself a Survivor because I am not afraid to meet life head-on and I never back away from a challenge as what does not kill me makes me stronger.”

Mika Batchelor is a 25-year old chef and restaurateur from Coron, Palawan. The beauty of her hometown made her fell in love with the ocean and the outdoors.

Among her adventurous hobbies include surfing, sailing and rock–climbing.

But she faces challenges everyday as she takes charge of her restaurant by herself.

“Being a restaurant owner, I really learned leadership by dealing and socializing with people,” Mika said.

To prepare herself for Survivor Philippines Palau, Mika ate lots of high–protein food, fruits and vegetables.

“We have a hill in Coron with a cross at the top; it’s about seven hundred steps. I run there back and forth every day for my endurance,” Mika added.

Will this sexy and energetic chef make it on top of Survivor Philippines?

Maya Segovia
Lady Pilot and a Mom
32 YRS. OLD, MILITARY OFFICER
BATANGAS

“I’m a survivor in the truest sense. I survived all life’s challenges. I can accomplish anything inspite of all the personal problems I’m going through. I’m a mom, a military officer, a military pilot and a business woman. I can do multi-tasking and get the work done well.”

Captain Maya Segovia, a military officer and a pilot of the Philippine Air Force has always thought of herself as a man trapped in a woman’s body.

“Kahit na emotional pa rin ako bilang babae, kaya kong makipagsabayan sa mga lalaki,” the mother of two said.

Maya has been a pilot for seven years and she believes that it is her destiny to be a part of the profession ruled by men.

“Flying is really one of the things that make me happy,” she added.

Always competitive and physically active, Maya has been a mountaineer for 16 years and has also participated in triathlons.

She is also a taekwondo black-belter.

Despite all her credentials, Maya prepared herself for Survivor Philippines: Palau by studying people politics through reading books on psychology.

“Doon ako mahina, e.” Maya admits. “Hindi ako marunong makisama sa mga tao. Dahil sa military ako, sanay ako na magbigay at kumuha ng mga utos. Gawin ang dapat gawin, no emotions dapat, no questions asked.”

We’ll find out if this super mom would soar as a Castaway in Survivor Philippines: Palau.

Amanda Colley Van Cooll
Probinsiyanang Tisay
Female Construction Worker in Alaska USA
25 YRS. OLD
MINDORO

“Survivor ako dahil bilang isang construction worker sa mundo ng mga lalaki, kinakaya at ginagawa ko ang trabaho, enjoy ko pa!”

Amanda Coolley Van Cooll works as a general labor construction worker in Alaska.

Name a work in construction and she’s done it all – from driving trucks to mixing cement.

“I love building things and working with my hands,” Amanda said when asked why she chose a career considered for men.

Amanda said that she got bored working in a bank, doing the same things everyday.

“In construction, there’s really no specific job description. The work is very physical and there’s always something different and new in every project,” Amanda said.

Amanda grew up a probinsyana and is accustomed to island life. She is confident that her experiences prepared her enough for the game.

For the challenges of Survivor Philippines Palau, Amanda did a lot of research and a lot of eating, too.

“I really had to gain some weight, because alam ko na papayat ako,” she added.

Does Amanda have what it takes to become the first Pinay Sole Survivor?

Jef Gaitan
the Girl Next Door
Student and Part-time Model
22 YRS. OLD, PRINT AND COMMERCIAL MODEL
LAGUNA

“I’m a real Survivor because I survived on my own in real life. I took the risk to be independent at a very young age. I survived growing up in the city alone. I became a parent to myself and a teenager at the same time.”

Jef Gaitan may be sweet, friendly and approachable but her charming demeanor and her stunning looks should not be construed as signs of weakness.

“Palaban ako at matapang kapag kinakailangan,” the petite model said.

At 18, she decided to become truly independent and she stopped studying to focus on her modeling career.

When faced with tough challenges, Jef has always resorted to prayers.

“I really depend and find comfort in God,” Jef said. “Whenever problems come my way, I accept them and look for solutions instead of dwelling on them.”

Find out if indeed her looks can be deceiving as Jeff fight for the title to become the first Pinay Sole Survivor.

Echo Caceres
Spicy Bicolana
Call Center Agent
20 YRS. OLD
BICOL

“I’m a real survivor because I am an all-in-one package person who knows my strength and knows when to use it. I am not only physically strong and witty but I know how to deal with different people even in difficult situations and I am able to easily adapt to any environment whether city or island life, making it with full determination.”

As the eldest of seven siblings, Echo Caceres of Sto. Domingo, Albay had to become a breadwinner at a young age.

One of the major challenges her family faced was when their house was destroyed by typhoon Milenyo, while she was on training in Singapore.

Despite the challenges, Echo keeps a positive attitude by living her life to the fullest.

She tags herself as a “feisty call center agent”.

But what’s with her nickname?

“People have always called me “Echo” not only because of my distinct voice na ume-echo talaga, but because I have become a catalyst of change when I was a student,” Echo said. “I really deliver my opinions passionately.”

How will Echo spice up the show, we’ll find out on Survivor Philippines: Palau!


Carol Gementiza
Terror Teacher
45 YRS. OLD, PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER
ILOILO

“My experience in life is being a mother of six children and a teacher whose first assignment as a public school teacher in the farthest barangay was a tough challenge considering that I will leave my family for a whole week everytime. Presently, my assignment is being in charge of the out-of-school adults including illiterates in the whole municipality. Halos lahat ng puwedeng lapitan para matulungan ang mga estudyante, ginagawa ko. Lahat ng trials sa family at work ko hinhaharap ko… I never say quit because I believe na hindi Niya ibibigay sa akin ang mga bagay na alam Niyang hindi ko kayang gawin. Tatag at determinasyon ang aking mga secret weapon.”

Carol Gementiza, a public school teacher for 20 years, is the oldest among the Castaways of Survivor Philippines: Palau.

She said that it was her children that encouraged and motivated her to audition for Survivor Philippines Palau

“Sabi nila sa akin, ang mga ginagawa ko ngayon ay para talagang bagay na bagay sa Survivor Philippines,” Carol said.

Her experience as a teacher taught her patience and perseverance, which would seem enough to make her fit to become a Castaway.

But Carol has also prepared herself to the fact that anything can happen in the game and would do everything she can to win the title of being the first Pinay Sole Survivor.

Tara Jane Macias
Taray Queen
English Tutor for Koreans
19 YRS. OLD
CEBU

“I am not afraid to die, to suffer and to get lost, and with that mindset, over-all fear has no place in me as I fear no evil and that makes me a real survivor.”

At the age of 16, when their father passed away and their family business had to be closed down, Tara imposed upon herself to be self–supporting and to help her family get back on its feet. She has been working as an English language tutor to Koreans as well as a call center representative.

“Maaga ako namulat sa hirap, kaya lahat sisiw na sa akin.” Tara said passionately.

Tara describes herself as an extreme person, God-fearing yet liberated and a certified party-goer. Being very outspoken and confident, Tara admits that people get easily intimidated by her. But she’s also very personable despite the usual first impression. She sticks to her principles and always does her best in any situation.

“Marami ang hindi nakakaintindi sa akin. Marami ang nagagalit,” Tara admits. “Paiba-iba kasi ako. Istrikto kung minsan, mataray. Pero kapag nakikita nila ako na gumigiling sa dance floor, sasabihin naman nila, pakawala ako, plastik. Hay, bahala sila sa mga life nila.”

Will this taray queen win in a social game like Survivor Philippines: Palau?

Justine Ferrer
the Beauty Queen
Businesswoman
29 YRS. OLD
KALOOKAN

“Well, I can say that I’m a real Survivor because I have been the breadwinner of my family for 10 years now. Also, I am providing for my nephew’s education and am helping my friends and relatives as much as I can. For me, winning their respect and love made me a real survivor.”

Justine Ferrer worked in Japan as a singer at the age of 19 and since then has become a breadwinner of the family.

As a businesswoman, Justine helped her father in a buy-and-sell business and managed a baby ultrasound company.

To physically prepare for Survivor Philippines Palau, Justine enhanced her skills by enrolling in a swim school, but most of all she invested on a lot of rest and vitamins.

She has also prepared emotionally for the experiences ahead of her on the island.

“Alam ko na ang buhay sa isla ay unusual, puwede kang masaktan, masugatan at magutom kaya inihanda ko na ang sarili ko,”Justine said.

Justine believes that her “uniqueness” is the key for her to become a Castaway.

“I think I was chosen because they are curious about what’s really inside of me and my behavior,” Justine said.

Photo and Text Credits:
Survivor Philippines Palau Official BlogSite
http://blogs.gmanews.tv/survivor-philippines/

No comments:

Post a Comment